Long before I became an MVP and long before I even knew what an MVP was I relied on the sage advice of a number of MVP’s to help me solve many vexing IT headaches. People like Susan Bradley (the former SBSDiva), Philip Edler (MPECS) and many others helped me slog through the intricacies of SBS installs and they felt like “friends” even though we hadn’t met. Many others helped, as well, with server, SQL, Exchange and storage questions. I learned to rely on the advice from the MVP’s as they tended to be in the same trenches as me – deep with the walls caving in! They became, and remain, a trusted resource. I quite honestly don’t know how I would have made it through some of the darker IT horror shows without their help.
So, to all of you MVP’s, past and present, thank you so very much for taking the time to share your knowledge and experiences with the rest of us. I am very humbled to be part of your ranks and I hope you know how much your help has meant to so many of us out in the field.
And that brings me to my next point; Microsoft is presenting the 2015 Microsoft MVP Virtual Conference online May 14 – 15, 2015!
Register here: https://managedevents.eventbuilder.com/event?eventid=h4p0x7
This is a free conference open to anyone to participate where all sorts of content will be presented by North American MVP’s across many disciplines. My colleague Kelly Marshall (our OneNote Goddess) will be making a presentation on OneNote and there are something like 94 other sessions, as well. Join in and learn a bunch! Here’s an overview of what to expect …
- · World-class free online conference that features technical content presented by Americas’ region MVPs that is open to the public
- · More technical content (Level 200, 300, 400), less marketing
- · 5 tracks: IT Pro English, Dev English, Consumer English, Mixed Spanish, Mixed Portuguese
- · Event will be broadcast via Lync using L+ which enhances the conferencing capabilities of Lync
- · Two full days of sessions with simultaneous webcasts running across all 5 tracks
- · Thursday May 14th and Friday, May 15th
- · Start at 8am PT and running until 6pm PT (Pacific)
- · Day 1: 45 sessions + Keynote, Day 2: 50 sessions
- · Keynote on Day 1 to be delivered by Steve ‘Guggs’ Guggenheimer, Corporate VP of DX
- · On Demand content available via Channel9
- · This event is not just for MVPs, it’s for everyone!
It’s going to be a blast so register, mark the dates in your calendar and be ready to learn, to share and to be amazed!